Well, if you got some error from Windows OS reporting RAW file system while checking it in CHKDSK, then the first thing you have to do is ‘Don’t Panic’. Because, in this article, we are about to discuss how to recover data from the partition in which CHKDSK reports RAW file system. You might be wondering what is wrong with the partition as the normal file systems are NTFS, NTFS5, FAT16, FAT32, and ExFAT. Here, we are about to use a software for restoring data and it is called Remo Recover application.
What does it mean if CHKDSK Reports RAW File System?
CHKDSK is simply check disk, which tells information about the disk to the user. When you find any drive / partition inaccessible, you might have used CHKDSK to check the drive status and it reports RAW file system. This means that the partition is unavailable for use to store or receive any data. Because it might have been affected due to various reasons. This says the user that the entire drive is RAW and user cannot access it. In such situation, we need a software like Remo Recover to recover the valuable data stored on the partition which is now showing RAW.
You might have stored gigabytes of data in it, now you don’t have access to any of your important data. In such case, Remo Recover comes into action. Watch the video demo on recovering data from the drive when CHKDSK reports RAW file system.
Advantages of using Remo Recover for restoring data from RAW File System
- Remo Recover software will function in a good manner in all file systems of windows such as RAW, NTFS, NTFS5, FAT16, FAT32, and ExFAT. This means that it can able to recover the data present on your file system that is currently displaying RAW.
- The software has a user-friendly interface which can be used by computer beginners as it is intended to all users. Despite of it’s simple interface, it takes strong restoring algorithms and mechanisms in order to restore all the files.
- Ability to work on all physical disk drives for recovery. This includes hard disk drives, solid state drives, firewire drives, USB pen drives, SD cards, etc.
- Remo Recover tool will explore all the sectors of the hard drive and partition to find out more than 300 types of files. It scans the drive deeply and there is no chance of missing even a single file / data.
- The software is not only limited on recovering system files but also recovers pictures, compressed archives, music files, videos, documents, spreadsheets, etc.
You should be aware of some things so that you can keep your data safely and securely. Keep your computer operating system and antivirus up-to-date so that it can defend against the latest threats that might spoil your computer data. Don’t delete or access any Windows reserved files that are included for the performance of your system. Altering any contents in it might create confusion in OS and system starts behaving abnormally. It might make some services not to work properly. Error while interrupting the format process of the file system might leave it in a RAW file system state where you can no longer access the data.
Even by following the security measures, if your file system turns into RAW, you never worry anymore as you have discovered Remo Recover.