ScanPST is a default tool which Microsoft Outlook provides to repair the corrupt PST files. Sometimes due to the high amount of corruption, it fails to repair some of the PST files. You might think there is no other option to repair this corrupted PST file. There is a way and it is the usage of a tool called Remo Repair PST which can able to repair corrupt and damaged PST files which even ScanPST fails to repair. A video is given below for your reference as this shows the working of this tool and how it carries out the repair process.
So, how to repair PST file when Scanpst not working.
How to Repair Outlook PST?
Install the tool Remo Repair Outlook PST by following the link provided in the video above. Then, open it as you are getting ready to repair the PST files. As you know the location of your file, simply click on “Open PST File” and click on next button. Otherwise, you will have options to locate the PST file if you don’t know where your corrupted PST file is saved. In this step, you will be shown with two options such as “Normal Scan” and “Smart Scan”. Choose the one which suits the best for your PST file and then finally select the destination folder for saving the Outlook PST file after repair. Then click on “Repair” as the tool fixes the PST file by applying its algorithms to repair.
After the successful completion of the repair process, you will be able to preview it as from address, to address, subject and date of the emails can be viewed. To display the fixed file along with the body and attachments, just upgrade the software license.
Features of Remo Repair PST
- Remo Recover can work on corrupted and damaged PST files that got created using various versions of Microsoft Outlook application such as 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
- The tool is able to repair PST file having larger sizes. In simple words, it works on all file sizes of Outlook PST files.
- The tool handles the PST file in a very safe manner that it reads the file in read-only mode making no alterations to the original PST file as this may cause further corruption. So, it is very safe to use.
- The software repairs PST files in all Windows platforms till the latest one Windows 10.
- It can perform repair of PST files of corrupted, damaged and fixed state. This is possible because it uses strong repair techniques. This makes the tool to repair PST files that even ScanPST fails to do so.
Reasons behind PST file corruption
- Due to the cancellation in the process of creating PST files.
- Due to the infection of malware in PST file stored on a Windows computer.
- Opening the PST file in an incompatible software other than MS Outlook.
- Using Unreliable software to compress PST file for sending.
The above-said reasons may cause corruption in PST files which sometimes makes the PST file to not work and you definitely need some other software like Remo Repair Outlook PST.