WinRAR is a compression utility released on April 1995 for Windows system. It helps to combine a number of files into a single file. It creates archives in ZIP or RAR format. It is available more than forty-one languages. This program is used to save the memory space and also for security purpose. Generally, when people want to save a number of different files as a single file, then they utilize it and easily make a bundle of files. Beside these features of WinRAR program, sometimes people may face issues with their WinRAR file. When people try to open it, then it denies to open and shows some error message. Such error occurs due to the corruption of WinRAR file. After facing such problem, people think about how to repair WinRAR file.
To repair WinRAR file, there are a number of third party tool available over internet. People can make the use of those to fix WinRAR corruption issue because there is no manual way to repair WinRAR file. But all of these tools are not working as expected by which people face information loss issue. So to repair, people need an advanced software which can easily fix it and also does not make any changes in an original WinRAR file. It can be possible by using Repair WinRAR application because it does not modify the original damaged WinRAR file, instead of modifying it simply creates a new file with same name and extract the information from corrupted file and put it into newly created file.
Let us talk about the most common causes which may lead to the corruption of WinRAR file:
- Viruses are the harmful program which enters into the system and damaged the files saved on the hard drive. There can be a chance of damaging WinRAR files saved on the system.
- During downloading a WinRAR file from internet, if any interruption occurs, such as internet connection closed, power off, downloading cancel, etc. can be a cause behind WinRAR corruption.
- Addition of some invalid data or compressing files with any faulty program can also be a cause behind WinRAR file damaging.
- Sudden power surge, abrupt system shutdown, improper application termination at the time of performing any read or write operation can also lead to the damaged RAR file.
- Changing the extension of WinRAR file, unlike other file formats, it can get damaged, if you mistakenly change the file extension. Hence you must know the file extension of RAR file should be .rar
Whatever can be a cause behind the corruption of WinRAR file, people can easily fix it by using Repair WinRAR software. It is read only program which helps to repair corrupted or damaged WinRAR file easily. It supports to WinRAR file repair on all the versions of Windows operating systems including Win 8, Win XP, Win 7, Win Vista, Win server 2003 and Win server 2008. It is also capable to repair password protected WinRAR file easily. This utility can also be utilized to fix WinRAR file which is stored on any external storage device. It’s also capable to fix corrupted WinRAR file errors such as CRC check failure, archive is either in unknown format or damaged and Unexpected end of file easily.